Monday, July 25, 2011

30 by 30

I have a big life change coming down the line, I am getting married. I am starting the next phase in my life as a married woman and I realized that I keep moving from one phase of life to the next quite quickly. College Student, Girlfriend, Teacher, Home Owner, Fiance....next up Wife. I don't want to just sit back and move from one phase to the next. I want to live in that phase and have an awesome time doing it. I realize I have a few years left before I will be leaving my Twenty-Something (3 1/2 to be exact) phase, and I am ready to fully live within those years. I decided it was time for a list, because that is what I do. So here it is the 30 before 30 list. Basically this is my bucket list on the short term goals list. Here is 30 things I am hoping to do before I turn 30
1. Run a 10K race
2. Run a half marathon
3. Complete a Sprint Triathlon....I can't believe I am even writing this
4. Teach in a foreign country
5. Take a hot air balloon ride
6. Canoe in the Boundary Waters
7. Finish all my schooling...only one licensure to go
8. Take dance lessons
9. Take a cooking class
10. Learn more about photography, take a class
11. Take a pottery class
12. Create a piece of art I love enough to put in my house instead of throw away
13. Learn to successful back up a boat trailer
14. Gain confidence with power tools
15. Build a piece of furniture
16. Learn to reupholster
17. Go watch horse races
18. Participate in the Warrior Dash
19. Write a Children's Book that may or may not ever get published
20. Sky Dive....shhh don't tell my Mom
21. See one of the Natural Wonders of the world that I have left to see
22. Step out of my sewing comfort zone and sew something I have never done before
23. Successfully grow my own vegetables
24. Run in the Freeze yer Gizzard Blizzard Run
25. Take a vacation with a friend
26. Visit a state I have never been to
27. Visit a state I have never been to
28. Visit a state I have never been to....one for each year I have before 30
29. Host a holiday at my house
30. Scuba Dive

There it is...my 30 before 30, let's see how I do!

1 comment:

  1. I love the list! I can honestly say I'd do almost all of them. Let's check off the horse racing in a month at Canterbury if you guys can make it and find a 10k. I need some motivation to work out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...