Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Living in the Winter Months

I live in Minnesota.

It is cold here.

It snows, a lot.

I have two choices. I can sit inside for the snowy cold months (which is lots of months) or I can have some fun with it.

I choose fun.

I skate, I ski, I snowmobile.

Mitch and I drove up north to spend the weekend with them and get some times in on the snowmobiles. Katie is too busy growing a human inside herself to join us on the snowmobile trails so Mitch, Matt, and I put on the 36 layers necessary to snowmobile across a frozen lake and took off.


I realized after this picutre above was taken that I was smiling while Matt took the picture, and that I was wearing a helmet.


The weather was cold when we were crossing the lakes but once we got into the woods the weather really was perfect for snowmobiling...the 36 layers helped though.


The awesome thing about the trail system is that it leads all over the place. We were easily able to plan a route that lead us to a bar where we could get some lunch, and have the preggers lady could meet up with us.


I snowmobiling with the boys on Saturday morning and then went back to hang out with Katie while the boys went back out for on Saturday afternoon and all day on Sunday. Kate and I were so productive. We watched a lifetime movie, a whole marathon on Say Yes to the Dress,and a marathon on Sister Wives all while working on wedding invites.

More to come on the wedding invites later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...