Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Copycat

I love reading different blogs. They are such a fun way to read about different people and different families. One blog I have been reading pretty religiously lately is Young House Love a blog about a young family who buys and fixes up houses while they live in them....sound familiar???

I not only have been reading about their lives constantly I am now turning into a copycat of their decorating style. Maybe I should say they inspire me or something that sounds better than copycat but I guess there really isn't any reason to church it up huh?

Here is the Young House Love dining area of their last house. Check out the white shelves behind the table...love them? I did. So here is my rendition...

I took the same concept they had and added personal touches to it to make it very Mitch & Rachel.

Let's take a closer look shall we....
This project was not only super easy, just hang two shelves and stick stuff onto them, but it was really cheap as well. Here is the breakdown of what I spent.
Shelves: $15 each for a total of $30 from Ikea
3 Picture Frames: One purchased from Kohl's with some Kohl's cash from my Aunt and two black frames we already owned that I painted white total spent $0
Green Bottle: empty wine bottle that I soaked to remove the label total spent $0
White Dishes: Taken out of our kitchen total spent $0
White Vases: Taken out of our spare room total spent $0
Green Pottery: Gift from my Mom total spent $0
R&M Letters: from Michael's $4

Total Spent $34
Whoop Whoop!

Thanks Young House Love for letting me steal your style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...